Thursday, January 7, 2016

Betrayal by Aleatha Romig



I know I keep beginning my reviews with WOW, but the books lately that I have been reading have been WOW books.  This one is no exception.  I was upset when it ended and hope to get to read the next book in the series.

As I began to read this and Charli meets Nox, I thought, oh no, this sounds like 50 Shades. Here's why: "Some of my tastes are unique. They aren’t for everyone. I understand that.”   While it sounds like something Mr. Grey would say, Nox is so much better, but still just as mysterious.  One week. No future. No past. Will it all just be a memory when all is said and done?

Alexandria Collins moves to California for a change from Savannah, Georgia and her life.  She has in the past four years changed from Alexandria to Alex.  Now with one week, she leaves both Alexandria and Alex behind to become Charli, a girl who still has a few "hard limits" but is letting loose more than Alex or Alexandria would.  With the help of her best friend, Chelsea, Alex turns into Charlie, setting aside her inhibitions and becoming more free. 

There is just the right amount of tension between Charli and Nox.  For reasons unknown, Charli likes to be in control and does not date men who are overbearing.  Nox is overbearing, but there is something about him that intrigues Charli, and heck, it's only for a week.  Nox does take it slow but when he pushes Charli, he pushes, and it is delicious. 

There are so many twists and turns to this story.  Alex has plans for her life, but so do her parents, and friends.  I know there are some secrets still to be uncovered and cannot wait to get to them. There are decisions that are made that just seem so unfair.  How far will Alex go to survive?  Has she gone too far already?  What are the family secrets all about?  What is the real agenda for Alton, Adelaide, and Bryce?  Man I cannot wait to find out all these answers!

5 Mysterious Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment